That's The understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 12, below;
means this website, www.thatsthe.co.uk, www.thatstheproperty.co.uk, www.thatstheanimal.co.uk, www.thatsthebusiness.co.uk;
"UK and EU Cookie Law"
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and 2018;
means That's The[, a limited company registered in England under OC384381, whose registered address is That's The, 3 Connaught House, Riverside Business Park, Benarth Road, Conwy, LL32 8UB and whose main trading address is] OR [of] That's The, 3 Connaught House, Riverside Business Park, Benarth Road, Conwy, LL32 8UB .
Information About Us
Our Site, www.thatsthe.co.uk, is [owned and] operated by That's The[, a limited company registered in England under OC384381, whose registered address is That's The, 3 Connaught House, Riverside Business Park, Benarth Road, Conwy, LL32 8UB and whose main trading address is] OR [of] That's The, 3 Connaught House, Riverside Business Park, Benarth Road, Conwy, LL32 8UB .
Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
What Data Do We Collect?
- business/comapny name
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- demographic information such as post code
- IP address (automatically collected)
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected)
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see section 6, below.
We use your data to provide the best possible [products and] services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your Account
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site
- Providing and help and support when you contact us;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site
- Supplying Our [products and] services to you
- Personalising and tailoring Our [products and] services for you;
- Responding to communications from you
- Supplying you with email notifications, news letters, marketing emails that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by using the link within the email provided or contacting our support team at [email protected]
- Market research; if you have agreed to recieve marketing information
- Analysing your use of Our Site [and gathering feedback] to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by [email] AND/OR [telephone] AND/OR [text message] AND/OR [post] with information, news and offers on Our [products] AND/OR [services]. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- [Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).]
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site
- Limiting access from staff
- All traffic is served over secure https connections
- The use of secure salted algoithms for password storage
- Use of AES256 encryption levels where required
- Only key level access to servers
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will [not] be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. [When contacted you will [not, however,] be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
How Can You Control Your Data?
- When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes, we will never contact you for marketing purposes unless your you have allowed us to do so via your account marketing preferences.
Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access [certain areas of] Our Site without providing any data at all. [However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.]
How Can You Access Your Data?
- You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held) by writing to us. Please contact Us for more details at [email protected], or using the contact details below in section 13. [Alternatively, please refer to Our Data Protection Policy https://local.thatsthe.co.uk/help/site/view/policy/dataprotection.]